Friday 30 October 2015

The Art of Weaving




                            Welcome friends new and old!

It's been a very busy week here ,how about yours?

It was Monday and I was sitting down to write a post ....

Well that didn't happen... and here it is Friday....

You see on Monday Mr WWH decided it was time to go shopping for .......

Can you guess!!!! We are renovating our bathroom! YIPEE !!!

But this news will have to wait....and I promise to share with you step by step....



So here it is Friday and I wanted to share with you my weaving on a lap loom.

Back in August I had seen a post on Weaving on a lap loom. This intrigued me as a
craft that I have never pursued.

Design Market Makers Summit had this technique on how to weave so I followed along.

Here in this post you will find instructions on how I began.







I wasn't following a pattern, just flying by the seat of my pants.

Gathered yarn from my stash cupboard and began cutting and weaving in and out and in and out....

I know when it came to finishing the top it should have been a cleaner finish, but you see I hadn't left
enough space to finish it off properly so once again....I did it my way!






                                   I'm often asked as to why I pursue so may projects
                           and what do I do with them once they are completed.

                                   I have a passion to Create!

                          Thanks for following along,

                      Follow along on Facebook
or I'll see you on Instagram


                                   

5 comments:

  1. That is such a unique wall hanging! It sort of reminds me of macrame. I know your fingers are always busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that brings back memories! I used to do lap weaving a lot when I was a young mom - you know, back in the Dark Ages. I took at class at Durham College and went from there. I guess that creative gene has been there along time - like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I don't do anything with my hands, well art that is. This is a lost art. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...you are such a multi-talented person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very pretty and such a great piece to just use your imagination and creativity on. I totally understand the busy hands part. I too love to create. I won a little loom from The Country Farm Home and I keep meaning to try it out with some scrap fabric for a coaster.

    ReplyDelete